Air fryer turkey burgers are a delicious and healthier to traditional burgers. With an air fryer, you can cook your turkey burgers quickly and without adding extra oil, making them a low-fat option.
To prepare burgers in the air fryer, you can start with fresh or frozen patties. If you opt for frozen ones, there’s no need to thaw them beforehand. Simply place the frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer basket and adjust the temperature to 180°C (350°F).
The cooking time for turkey burgers in the air fryer will depend on whether they are fresh or frozen. In general, for fresh burgers, the cooking time is usually around 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
How long to cook turkey burgers in air fryer
On the other hand, frozen burgers may take between 15 and 20 minutes to cook through completely. It’s important to check the internal temperature of the burgers with a kitchen thermometer to ensure they are cooked to a safe temperature of 165°F (74°C).
During the cooking process in the air fryer, the turkey burgers cook evenly and develop a crispy exterior without the need for frying in oil. This is due to the circulation of hot air surrounding the burgers, creating a golden and juicy texture on the inside.
If you want to add an extra flavor to your turkey burgers, you can season them with your favorite spices before placing them in the air fryer.
You can also add additional ingredients like onions, minced garlic, peppers, or cheese to customize them even more.
Turkey burgers are a versatile and convenient option for a quick and healthy meal. Whether you’re using fresh or frozen patties,burgers cooked in the air fryer are an excellent choice to enjoy a juicy and flavorful burger without the need for additional oil. Give them a try and impress your family and friends with this delicious and nutritious option!
Turkey burgers recipe
Are a healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers. They are made with ground turkey, which is a leaner and lower-fat option compared to beef.
Here are some key features and benefits of turkey burgers:
- Low in fat: Turkey is naturally low in fat, especially if you use skinless and lean ground turkey. This makes them a healthier choice for those looking to reduce their saturated fat intake.
- High in protein: Turkey burgers are an excellent source of lean protein. Turkey meat is rich in essential amino acids and can help build and repair muscle tissues.
- Lower in calories: In general, turkey burgers tend to have fewer calories compared to beef burgers. This makes them a popular choice for those looking to manage their calorie intake without sacrificing flavor.
- Versatility: Just like beef burgers, turkey burgers are highly versatile. You can season and flavor them in various ways to suit your taste. You can add condiments, herbs, spices, or even mix in other ingredients like onions, peppers, or minced garlic to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Frozen options: You can also find frozen turkey burgers in many supermarkets. These burgers are already precooked and just need to be heated. They are a convenient option when you’re short on time or don’t want to make burgers from scratch.
- Dietary-friendly: Turkey burgers are a great option for those following a low-saturated fat diet, looking to reduce red meat consumption, or have specific dietary restrictions.
When cooking turkey burgers in an air fryer, you’ll achieve a crispy exterior texture without the need for additional frying oil. This makes them even healthier and a delicious choice to enjoy.
Whether you make them fresh at home or use frozen options, turkey burgers offer a tasty and nutritious alternative to traditional burgers. You can enjoy them on a bun, in a lettuce wrap, or even as part of a salad. Experiment with different flavors and enjoy these delicious turkey burgers!
- 1 pound (450 grams) ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, condiments
- Buns or lettuce wraps for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 180°C (350°F) for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape them into burger patties. Ensure that the patties are even in size and thickness for even cooking.
- Place the turkey burger patties in the preheated air fryer basket, leaving some space between them for proper air circulation.
- Cook the turkey burgers in the air fryer for approximately 10-12 minutes for fresh patties or 15-20 minutes for frozen patties. Flip the burgers halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides.
- Check the internal temperature of the turkey burgers using a meat thermometer. The burgers should reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to be fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the turkey burgers from the air fryer and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the air fryer turkey burgers on buns or lettuce wraps. Add your desired toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, and condiments.
- Enjoy your delicious air fryer turkey burgers with family and friends!